This sweet and mildly spiced curry is such a simple and tasty meal and is a hit with the whole family! This dish takes less than an hour to prepare, so is ideal for a lazy weekend meal – just serve with steamed rice!
- 280g (10oz) FitFodder diced turkey
- 20g (3/4oz) butter
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 300g (10 1/2oz) pineapple, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 40g (2 1/2tbsp) curry powder
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 300ml (10 1/2fl oz) chicken stock
- 200ml (7fl oz) light coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Nudespice Sweet & Smoky seasoning blend
- Lightly cook the diced turkey breast in a frying pan until lightly golden.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat and melt the butter. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 1 min to soften.
- Add the banana, pineapple and apple to the pan and cook on a gentle heat for 5 mins, stirring as you go.
- Add the curry powder, Nudespice Sweet & Smoky and desiccated coconut and stir to coat the fruit, then pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for 20 mins.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and pass the curry through so that you are left with a smooth sauce. Add the sauce back to a pan and heat gently. Discard the solids left in the sieve – they will have imparted enough sweetness into the dish by this point.
- Now add the turkey to the sauce and simmer until the meat is heated through. Serve immediately.